so short of ordering transfer paper online, people always seem to struggle with transfering an image onto there skin when they want to do a stick and poke/diy tattoo etc… so I thought I’d share a method that I’ve used many times that works for me.
clear deodarant (not gel, the solid variety I use speed stick)
paper of some sort: the kind you use is up to you, tracing paper is ideal
ball point pen: any bic pen will work
1. Draw the image you want on the tracing paper. go over the image with the ball point pen.
2. Apply deodorant to the area you want to apply the image (shaving this area isn’t a bad idea either).
3. Apply your tracing paper with the image onto the desired spot you placed the deodorant.
4. Keep the paper in place and apply pressure. smoothing the paper out is ideal just make sure you don’t move the paper around. apply pressure for a good thirty seconds. a good way to think about it is the way you would apply a temporary tattoo. apply pressure for a good thirty seconds and then quickly peel the paper away
5. If you’ve done everything correctly you should have a nice transfer. now lightly spray the image with hairspray. this helps later with smudging. let sit for five minutes.
protip- this should give you a clear image guideline for your stick and poke. but be warned this isn’t fool proof in that you can’t continually wipe the image. Personally I try to poke the image at least once before wiping so I have a more permanent guide to go by. I ve had varying degrees of success when it comes to wiping ink away, it depends on your skin type, what kind of pen, deodorant, hairspray etc etc that you use.
happy poking.@9 months ago with 81 notes
#stick and poke #stick n poke #diy tattoo #diy tattoo transfer #tattoo transfer